Mississauga, ON. – July 20, 2021 – Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. today announced the redesigned and sporty 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross has received a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the United States. This rating is the highest-possible overall score a vehicle can obtain.
NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program (NCAP)1 has set the standard for vehicle safety ratings for more than 30 years. Whether fitted with front-wheel drive or Mitsubishi’s patented Super All-Wheel Control,2 all variants of the 2022 Eclipse Cross received 5-Star ratings.
The 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross performed exceptionally in all categories of the evaluation, scoring four-out-of-five stars on the driver- and passenger-side frontal-crash tests. Eclipse Cross also earned five stars in the combined side-crash ratings and four out of five stars On the driver – and passenger-side frontal-crash tests.
NHTSA’s NCAP program conducts hundreds of crash tests across multiple makes and models each year to evaluate a vehicle’s crashworthiness and availability and effectiveness of safety equipment to help consumers make smart decisions when purchasing a vehicle.
For 2022, Mitsubishi Motors introduced a redesigned, stylish and sporty new look to Eclipse Cross as part of the brand’s initiative to create one of the freshest showroom lineups in the industry. In Canada, the 2022 Eclipse Cross the starting MSRP is $28,598 with Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) standard.
Every 2022 Eclipse Cross in Canada includes an array of advanced driver assistance systems5, including standard Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) with Pedestrian Detection4.
Additional safety equipment includes Automatic High Beam (AHB) assist headlamps which are available on the SE, SEL and GT trim levels and standard rain-sensing wipers.
In Canada, the 2022 Eclipse Cross is backed by one of the industry’s leading warranties: a 10-year/160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty, a 5-year/100,000 km fully transferable New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a 5-year/Unlimited Miles Roadside Assistance.6
For more information on the 2022 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, please visit mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca.
- Based on ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration evaluation for the 2022 Eclipse Cross: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2022/MITSUBISHI/ECLIPSE%252520CROSS/SUV/FWD. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program (NHTSA.gov).
- Available feature. Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) adds Active Yaw Control (AYC) to realize the AWC concept at a very high level. This integrated vehicle dynamics control system manages the driving forces and braking forces of the four wheels to help realize vehicle behavior that is faithful to the operation by the driver under a variety of driving conditions. S-AWC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving.
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license etc. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your Mitsubishi retailer for details. Vehicle MSRP does not include Destination/Handling Charge.
- The Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, the system may not detect other vehicles and/or pedestrians correctly.
- Information about crash avoidance technologies as part of the Government 5-Star Safety Ratings program can be found at NHTSA.gov.
- All coverage terms are from the original in-service dates and are applicable only to the original owner of new, retailed models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty of 5 years/100,000 km. See retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. MMSCAN has a product range consisting of the sub-compact hatchback Mirage, RVR sub-compact crossover, Eclipse Cross, the all-new Outlander, and Canada’s top-selling plug-in hybrid SUV, Outlander PHEV*. MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre — both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small.
*JATO, based on 2020 sales