BEST JUNE ON RECORD
• Second quarter 2021 total sales up 158% year-over-year
• First-half 2021 sales up 51% year-over-year
• June total sales up 116% year-over-year, Best June on Record
• Best-ever June for Outlander driven by sales of the all-new 2022 Outlander
• Best-ever June for RVR and quarter for RVR
Mississauga, ON – July 2, 2021 – Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) today reported strong second quarter sales of 7,289 a 158% increase compared with Q2 of 2020. First-half sales of 12,172 were up 51% over the same period last year.
With one of the freshest line-ups in the industry seeing every vehicle in the showroom redesigned or all-new, MMSCAN’s dealer partners are reporting steadily increasing demand from buyers driven by demand for the company’s all-new 2022 Outlander, the best equipped Mitsubishi ever built, and the redesigned, stylish 2022 Eclipse Cross.
Mitsubishi RVR led Q2 sales with 3009 deliveries for its best month and best quarter ever. Sales of Outlander reached 2,389 for the best June ever for the nameplate driven by high demand for the all-new vehicle. During the quarter, 365 Outlander PHEVs were delivered and Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross notched 1,223 sales. Finally, 303 of Mitsubishi Motors’ subcompact hatch Mirage were sold during the quarter.
News and Notes
• MMSCAN sales throughout the quarter increased in strength month by month, driven by availability of 2022 Outlander and Eclipse Cross. June alone represented an increase of 116% over June of 2020, and the best June in MMSCAN’s 19-year history in the country.
• Priced from $31,9981, the all-new 2022 Outlander started arriving on dealer lots at the end of March, and as supply meets demand, will have a significant impact on total sales.
• Starting at $28,5981, the sporty, sleek and restyled 2022 Eclipse Cross also gained momentum through the quarter, going on sale in April.
• MMSCAN recently unveiled ClickShop, a 24-hour digital showroom hosted on mitsubishi-motors.ca. Customers now have a shopping experience customized to their needs, interests and budget, designed to make the car-buying experience fast, transparent and easy, moving virtually the entire buying experience online up to the test drive.
1, starting MSRP, see dealer for details on pricing.
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. MMSCAN has a product range consisting of the sub-compact hatchback Mirage, RVR sub-compact crossover, Eclipse Cross, the all-new Outlander, and Canada’s top-selling plug-in hybrid SUV, Outlander PHEV*.
MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre — both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small. *JATO, based on 2020 sales