- Every model includes Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC), class-leading 11 airbags, generous seven-passenger (5+2) seating plus advanced safety technology
- Luxurious finishes, dramatic styling, new two-tone colour option
- Telematics, Multi-View Camera System (MVCS), power lift-gate, 20-inch wheels and three-zone climate control at mid-price lines
- Celebrating 20 years of the Outlander
- 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander on sale in October
Mississauga, ON, October 14, 2022 –Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. today announces pricing and packaging for the new 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander, with a starting MSRP of just $32,698, including the brand’s signature Super All-wheel Control (S-AWC) all-wheel drive system. Last year, the company launched its fourth generation Outlander as its best-equipped, most connected combustion engine vehicle ever with a striking new design, all-new from the ground up helping the nameplate reach a new high-water mark in sales in Canada.
Coinciding with the Canadian anniversary of Mitsubishi Motors, this marks 20 years for the company’s flagship nameplate Outlander, first introduced in 2002, the same year as Mitsubishi Motors arrived in Canada. Over the past 20 years, Mitsubishi Motors has become a force in the Canadian market building on the brand’s deep roots in technical innovation and design. Canadians can expect Outlander PHEV, the world’s best-selling* plug-in hybrid SUV to arrive on Canadian shores in November.
Outlander is loaded with safety for families today at all trim levels
Driving confidence and safety remain paramount thanks to the Outlander’s stable platform and powertrain. Safety** continues with Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM), Rear Automatic Emergency Braking (Rear AEB), Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Driver Attention Alert (DAA), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Automatic High Beam (AHB), Hill Descent Control (HDC), Trailer Stability Assist (TSA), and a class-leading 11 air bags at every price line. **See disclaimers
Depending on the trim level, the all-new Outlander also offers: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), MI-PILOT Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist (ABSA), Lane Keep Assist (LKA), Lane Departure Prevention (LDP), and a Multiview Camera System (MVCS).
Striking interior and comfort features
Complementing its bold exterior, the interior of the Outlander has earned high praise from the industry including accolades as a Top 10 Interior by Wards in its launch year. Convenience features include 40/20/40 split-folding, sliding second row seating and fold-flat third row at all trim levels. All trim levels are equipped with micron air filtration, Smartphone Link Display Audio, USB (A and C) inputs front and rear and, beginning at SE level, a power panoramic sunroof with sunshade.
For the first time a two-tone option is available on the GT trim line. The colour combinations are White Diamond with Black Roof, Black Diamond with Bronze Roof, Red Diamond with Black Roof, Titanium Grey with Black Roof and Sterling Silver with Black Roof. . Sterling Silver, Titanium Grey, Deep Bronze, Cosmic Blue, Labrador Black and the full Diamond series of Red, White and Black Diamond are the colour choices in Canada.
Technology has long been central to Mitsubishi Motors (its Model A was the first mass-built Japanese car in 1917!) so each Outlander incorporates engineering that contributes to superb driving. Mitsubishi Motors’ Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) is standard on all trim levels. S-AWC performs seamlessly regardless of road or weather conditions, providing confidence in both straight-line stability and cornering performance. The system integrates Adaptive Stability Control (ASC), Anti-lock Brakes (ABS), and Active Yaw Control (AYC) to distribute driving torque front to rear and between left and right wheels through brake force and an electronically controlled centre differential.
The Outlander S-AWC system is equipped with six drive modes that allow the driver to select the vehicle driving characteristics that are optimal for a variety of operation styles and driving situations. The mode selector in the centre console can be used to select the drive mode for choosing the road situation and Eco for choosing the driving style. The settings for the drive mode are Normal for normal driving, Tarmac for sporty driving on paved roads, Gravel for high traction performance and stability on unpaved roads, Snow for snowy and other slippery roads, and Mud to increase the road handling ability on muddy roads, in deep snow, and similar conditions. The drive modes bring out the superior road handling, to increase their potential during urgent situations and the sense of security and reliability while driving. When a mode is selected, an image representing the driving situation is displayed in the centre display of the instrument cluster, to allow the driver to intuitively select a mode.
Choices for families
Mitsubishi Motors continues to offer value for consumers by providing its long list of safety and comfort features at much lower trim levels including a feature loaded LE volume price line. The Outlander’s mid-price lines include comfort and esthetics usually found only in top packages.
Capability and confidence throughout the line
The 2023 Outlander rides on the platform developed through its partnership in the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. Powering the all-new Outlander is a 2.5-litre, four-cylinder gasoline engine mated to an eight-step continuously variable transmission (CVT). Fuel economy for this vehicle is 9.7 (City) /7.9 (Highway) /8.9 (Combined).
The vehicle can tow 2,000 lbs with two passengers.
Detailed pricing and warranty
Every 2023 Outlander comes with one of the industry’s leading warranties: a 10-year/160,000-km powertrain limited warranty; 5-year/100,000-km new vehicle limited warranty; and 5-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance program.
There are six price lines to choose from base ES to GT, plus a GT Premium Package, each offering additional features to meet Canadians’ preferences.
|2023 Outlander Price Lines||MSRP (S-AWC)|
18” alloy wheels
Forward Collision Mitigation, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning 11 airbags
Auto Front & Rear USB ports
8” Smartphone Link Display Audio
Standard three row (seven seats)
All ES equipment, plus:
power lift gate with adjustable height
LED front fog lights
Power panoramic sunroof
Heated steering wheel
FAST-Key entry system
Triple zone climate control
Power-folding exterior mirrors
All SE equipment, plus:
Mitsubishi Connect services
20” alloy wheels
Embedded navigation powered by TomTom
Adaptive Cruise Control
Multiview 360 camera with moving object detection
9” Smartphone Link Display Audio
|LE Premium |
Adds to LE:
Faux suede appointed seats
8-way power driver seat
All LE and LE Premium, plus:
Quilted Leather appointed seats
Exterior mirror position memory
Exterior mirror reverse auto-tilt
Key-linked driver-seat memory 4-way power adjustable passenger seat
Heated rear seats
12.3” full TFT digital driver display
Adds to SEL:
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go
Lane Keep Assist
Traffic Sign Recognition
Front parking sensors
Lane Departure Prevention
Active Blind Spot Assist
10.8” Head-Up Display
10 speaker BOSE audio sound system
Interior door accent lighting
Rear door pull-up sunshades
Hands-free power liftgate with adjustable height
Smartphone wireless charging
|GT Premium |
Adds to GT:
Semi-aniline leather seating surfaces
For more on the 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander and Mitsubishi Motors’ full lineup of vehicles, please visit mitsubishi-motors.ca.
- Based on IHS Markit New Registrations of plug in hybrid and all SUV body styles for Jan 2012 – Oct 2021 compiled from governments & other sources (where available). Captures 95% of global new vehicle volumes in more than 80 countries.
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license etc. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your Mitsubishi retailer for details. Vehicle MSRP does not include Destination/Handling Charge.
- Super All-Wheel Control (S-AWC) adds Active Yaw Control (AYC) to realize the AWC concept at a very high level. This integrated vehicle dynamics control system manages the driving forces and braking forces of the four wheels to help realize vehicle behavior that is faithful to the operation by the driver under a variety of driving conditions. S-AWC is not a substitute for safe and careful driving.
- Available feature. Apple CarPlay®, Siri®, and Apple Music® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
- Available feature. Android,™ Android Auto,™ Google,™ Google Play,™ Google Maps,™ Google Assistant,™ and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
- The Bose name is a registered trademark of Bose Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- NRCAN mileage estimates. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only.
- MI-PILOT Assist is a driver assistance system only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. The driver must remain engaged with the driving task and monitor the environment at all times.
- The Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, the system may not detect other vehicles and/or pedestrians correctly.
- The Lane Departure Warning system is designed to read lane marks under certain conditions. It is not a collision avoidance system or a substitute for safe and careful driving practices.
- The Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system is a driver aid only and is not a substitute for safe and careful driving. Under certain circumstances, this system may not detect other vehicles correctly.
- Not available on all models.
- All coverage terms are from the original in-service dates and are applicable only to the original owner of new, retailed models purchased from an authorized Mitsubishi dealer. Subsequent owners receive the balance of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. See retailer for limited warranty and roadside assistance terms and conditions.
# # #
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. With a product range consisting of Mirage, RVR sub-compact crossover, Outlander compact sport utility and Outlander PHEV, and Eclipse Cross, MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small.