MITSUBISHI MOTORS CANADA ANNOUNCES QUARTER RESULTS
Mississauga, ON – October 1, 2020 – Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (Mitsubishi Motors Canada) announced today second quarter results for its fiscal year 2020. The company delivered 4,425 vehicles between the months of July to September, a 57 per cent increase in sales over Q1 sales (April – June) and a 32 per cent decrease over same period last year.
Leading the line-up was Outlander with 1,249 deliveries, followed by RVR with 1,161 deliveries. Mitsubishi delivered 941 Outlander PHEV during the second quarter and 787 Eclipse Cross SUVs. Rounding out the line-up is the ultra affordable and fuel-efficient Mirage hatchback with 287 deliveries. Mirage has been recognized year-after-year by Vincentric for its value.
“Mitsubishi Motors in Canada is heading into one of its most aggressive sales incentive events as we prepare to transform our entire showroom with a full line-up of all new or substantially refreshed vehicles,” said Kathryn Soubliere, senior manager, sales operations, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. “In this extraordinary time, our dealers are focused on a safe retail environment and flexible retail options to ensure our customers are comfortable.”
Next year the company will launch new and extensively redesigned vehicles in Canada through spring of 2021:
- An upgraded internal-combustion powertrain and increased all-electric driving range will be added to the Outlander PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) in Q1 of 2021
- Bold, new styling updates outside and inside will highlight Mirage in Q1 of 2021
- The redesigned Eclipse Cross will debut in Q1 of 2021
- The highly anticipated all-new next generation Outlander will debut in spring of 2021
- Every Mitsubishi nameplate will have available Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection active safety features
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. With a product range consisting of Mirage, RVR compact crossover, Outlander compact sport utility and Outlander PHEV, and Eclipse Cross, MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre -- both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small. In 2016, MMSCAN became the only automaker to partner with Breakfast Club of Canada with a goal of stimulating young minds and a brighter future in communities across the land.